The existing programme of study Bachelor’s degree in dance art and choreographic thinking is an art education and shall provide a BA level qualification in dance art work and choreographic thinking in a broad sense, where the students innovative practice and own performing skills are central. The programme of study stresses reflection, communication and collaboration. The programme includes creative work and artistic development work at the BA level. A key objective is for the student to be able to relate the programme’s defined field of knowledge and expertise to own artistic work with an eye towards the student being prepared following completion of the programme to work independently with creative dance art, both inside and outside of established structures and frameworks for the art of dance.
The programme is based on a dialogical, individualised pedagogy which is integrated through supervision of the students’ artistic processes. The programme of study has an emphasis on the artist being able to take part in own and others’ projects, as a performer and co-creator/contributing artist. The student shall contextualise own academic expertise and own artistic projects by participating in interdisciplinary collaborative projects, under supervision.
- have broad knowledge of own body, own movement possibilities and expression
- have broad knowledge of space and time as choreographic elements
- have broad knowledge of process oriented work, with an understanding of the different phases in a creative process, and methods for progression from the idea phase to the final art production
- have broad knowledge of own communication in and about own artistic danceworks
- have broad knowledge of different target groups for dance art, with children and adolescents as an important reference- and target group
- have knowledge of production of dance art, and familiarity with different work tasks and issues that can arise
- knows about the different research and development work, techniques and traditions that constitute the foundation for the education and the different subject areas
- is able to update own knowledge within contemporaneous dance art and the subject areas of the discipline
- can use relevant dancetechniques and -principals to perform own dance
- can use tools, methods and strategies in own choreographic work
- can use relevant communication tools, in different phases of a dance art work and in meeting with collaborators, partners and an audience
- can use the knowledge and tools produced to further develop and articulate own movement language, and apply this to variety of assigned or personally defined issues
- Is able to plan and carry out a dance art project or other cultural initiatives based on dance and choreographic thinking, within the relevant professional areas of enterprise
- Can apply complementary expressions such as voice, text, sound/music, costumes, scenography/objects and lighting to own artistic dance works
- Can reflect upon own academic and artistic choices and practice, orally and in writing
- Can find, assess and make reference to information and academic literature from the different subject areas of the education in the analysis and description of own artistic dance works
- have an understanding of different aesthetic and ethical attitudes and norms pertaining to body, dance art, learning methods and communication with different target groups/audiences
- are able to demonstrate collaborative ability and responsibility and take part in interdisciplinary art assignments, and meet with other performers/artists, according to ethic norms
- knows innovation and innovative projects that can challenge definitions of what dance art can be and how choreographic thinking can have affect on dance art.
- are able to take part in a national and international discourse about dance art, hereunder discuss own artistic practice with other artists and an audience, and in so doing contribute to development of good practice.
- have an awareness of how the cultural sector (in Norway) is organised and which political framework conditions are in effect for dance art.